torsdag 1. oktober 2009

Beautiful London..

So there's been no blogging the past few days, because of the shitty internet that I have in my room here... But it seems to be working a tiny bit better today, so I'm just putting a few words out here before it's too late.

Yesterday was the day of the Freshers Fayre, and I'm still not sure exactly what that's all about. It's a gathering of tons of people and unions that want to give us (fresh students) info, leaflets and freebies. They all just sit in this big hall, by their tiny stands and bombard you with leaflets and questions and signing petitions. And it was a mixture of literally everything; the student union was there, the student health union, all the societies within the university, a lot of club people wanting everyone to come dance in their funky club, makeup people, breakdancers, cheerleaders..you name it, I've seen it. We played games, ate cotton-candy and bought our own I <3 UAL t-shirts. Even though it was crammed with students, and really really hot, it was actually quite fun as well.

Today is a whole other messy story in itself. The class was to meet at Tate Modern to have a look and do some drawing. Sounds simple enough, if you know where the Tate is. I'd never been there before, but I found a nice route to get there by on journeyplanner.org and was quite happy about being prepared. First take bus 48 to Liverpool Street, then the tube to Cannon street, and then walk across the Themes from there.

Executing the plan wasn't as simple as I'd thought, because the tube I was going to take was cancelled or something. I was also going to meet this Chinese girl from my class, Mia, and help her get to the Tate. Ended up with her telling me which bus to take though. So finally I get to Cannon street and meet Mia, we walk to the museum (an hour late), do some drawing and chat with the rest of the people. Then our tutor tells us to split into groups of five and just walk along the river while we take pictures and draw some more, and to meet him at the GLA in an hour. (He also said that the GLA was right in the area, and easy to find) That doesn't seem too difficult, does it? Wrong again! This time, after walking around searching for this thing no-one had ever seen or heard about, we finally found it near the Tower Bridge (which isn't exactly close to the Tate). Only half an hour late this time, but we missed the lunch break so we had to go without food. That's life as an artist for you, harsh and tiring. It was a nice trip though, all in all. The sights by the Themes are so fantastically beautiful that you forget all the anger and hunger the minute you look at them.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar